Writing Tip # 4 – Your tools.
So I know that just about everyone now a day’s uses a computer or laptop or even a tablet to do their writing. I met one writer who wrote his entire manuscript on his iPhone. And while I will say that I believe that using a computer is the best way to write I do have say though that it is not the only way to write.
I use a laptop for about 96% of my writing. The other 4% I do with pen and paper and for the reasons why I even still use pen and paper is because I feel like I get closer to my writing. It also helps when you have an idea on the fly and you need to write it down real fast.
I feel that if you write exclusively on your computer you could lose touch with your characters and I have seen so many people write their novels like a facebook post because of that.
This is definitely a subject that requires the caption To Each His Own though. If you hate using technology to do your writing that’s fine, you might lose some benefits to have the internet and spell check but it is still completely possible to write without it.
So in closing I would recommend experimenting with different forms of writing. Look up your favorite authors and see what they do and try it out. Some of my greatest ideas have come off a $.97 note book that I keep in my back pocket.